Trained By: Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe
Notes to Aspiring Necromancers:
- Most spells are difficult to cast. Many require not only Magery checks but also Necromancy (spirit speak)checks.
- If you fail the Magery check you do not lose reagents. If you fail the Necromancy check you will lose the reagents.
- You can set up macros for these spells. You must be holding your necro staff and chant the spell's power words. Your Codex must be in your main backpack for this to work.
- You can perform any other action (skill/spell/item use) while your Necro book is open.
- Your Necro book is NOT newbiefied.
- Something else worth mentioning is that there's a button in the necromancy book that shows the powerwords and reagents needed for each spell.
- Casting a necro spell from a Codex Damnorum will now unhide you (if hidden).
Also, Congratulations to Balinor the owner of what I believe to be the first complete Necro Book on the shard. Taint and myself only need the Raise Dead spell. Taint also wanted it known that he held the complete book first, as he was the one that inscribed Balinor's last spell. =]
Here are some places you can get the necro reagents (Thank you Mego):
- Earth Elemental: 3 fertile dirts
- Valkryies: 3 Blackmoor
- Great Dragon: 5 Dragons Blood
- Drake: 7 Scales
- Dragon: 6 Dragons Blood, 3 scales
- Zombie: 1 fertile dirt
- Corpser: 1 brimstone
- Gremlin: 1 blackmoor
- Gazer: 3 Bloodspawns
- Gargoyle: 3 Executioners Caps
- Ent: 3 Executioners Caps
- Snake: 3 scale, 1 Cap
- Shade: 3 Bloodspawn, 2 Blackmoor
|Animate Dead||Corpus Sine Nomine Expergefaceret||6||31||Blood, Bone, Fertile Dirt||Creates a Zombie from a corpse. The better the corpse you cast this on, the better the zombie.|
|Commune||Dice||6||31||Bone, Volcanic Ash||Speak with the Dead|
|Control Undead||Nutu Magistri Supplicare||9||43||Bloodspawn, Mandrake Root, Spider Silk||Tame lesser undead (i.e. Skeletons, Zombies, etc.)|
|Sacrifice||Animus Ex Corporis Resolveretur||11||54||Black Pearl, Bloodspawn, Mandrake Root, Sulphurous Ash||Explodes a tamed creature
(damage based on the Str of the target)
|Spectre's Touch||Enervare||11||54||Brimstone, Daemon Bone, Executioner's Cap||Transfer Str, Dex and Int from target to you (long duration)|
|Wraith's Breath||Manes Sollicti Mi Compellere||14||66||Bloodspawn, Brimstone, Daemon Bone||Area damage spell, part of the damage is converted to mana and absorbed|
|Frost Field||Umbrae Tenebrae Venarent||14||66||Black Pearl, Serpent Scale, Spider Silk||Similar to fire field but is ice damage|
|Kill||Ulties Manum Necarent||40||88||Daemon Bone, Dragon's Blood, Executioner's Cap||Target Dies|
|Liche||Umbrae Tenebrae Miserere Animi Non Digna Ferentis||50||100||Blackmoor, Daemon Bone, Dragon's Blood, Executioner's Cap, Nightshade||Similar to polymorph but turns the caster's skin red. This spell lasts a very long time. Failure of the casting check kills the caster.|
|Plague||Fluctus Puter Se Aresceret||50||100||Bloodspawn, Dragon's Blood, Nightshade, Serpent's Scales||Powerful area effect poison.|
|Release||Nutu Magistri Se Resolvere||11||54||Batwing, Executioner's Cap, Nightshade||Same as Kill but only for Undead (easier check)|
|Raise Dead||Manes Turbidi Sollictique Vocam||14||66||Blood, Bone, Brimstone, Spider Silk||A weaker version of Summon Spirit. This spell does not require a corpse in the vacinity.|
|Transfusion||Nutu Magistri Se Compellere||20||77||Blood, Ginseng, Mandrake Root||Transfers health from one target to another|
|Summon Spirit||Manes Turbidi Sollictique Resolverent||40||88||Bloodspawn, Brimstone, Daemon Bone, Dragon's Blood||Summons a powerful Undead (Shade, Wraith, Liche, etc)|
|Wraithform||Manes Sollicti Mihi Infundite||20||77||Bat Wing, Bloodspawn, Brimstone, Daemon Bone||Transforms the caster into a Wraith. Causes magical damage in an area around the caster and transforms this damage into mana.|