Current list of changes to do

Discussion about the WoD
Agata
Developer

Current list of changes to do

Post by Agata » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 am

This is a small list of changes that come to mind for the shard

- Change the way item durability, repairs, and long term damage are handled. It is currently something I am not very happy with, and I'm not the only one.
- New magic items will have the name shortened and all properties will be displayed when hovering the mouse over them. Will have to set a property to indicate when they haven't been identified yet. I am also thinking if I should "fix" the old magical items by truncating their names to the basic ones.
- Should Alchemy be turned into a Crafting skill? Hmm... why so many special potions you can't even sell because they are no use to others? Maybe I should eliminate all those checks or something? Magic wands can be used by anyone, are found free in monster corpses and can satisfy the same needs.
- Wands are too complicated and costly to craft and there is so little in return... few people bother to make them, it's easier to loot them from a monster corpse. Maybe I should change this.
- When I implement the Imbuing skill, should I move wand and jewelry enchanting to it, leaving the Tinkering skill to the sole purpose of crafting them?

I have an idea of how should everything be done, but I am always open to comments and suggestions.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

antman3
Upstanding
Upstanding

Re: Current list of changes to do

Post by antman3 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:09 am

In my opinion Alchemy buffs need to be increased just a little. Too often I only get 10 str and 10 dex from greater potions. Maybe something like having the alchemy skill at 100 gives an increased benefit?
Also I was just thinking about something fun for alchemy that could be interesting, have the Essence of Flame potion be able to combine with greater explosion potions for something that could be even more damaging or maybe use Essence of Frost for a similar effect! Not sure what a good name would be but just a thought, trying to think of more uses for Essence of Flame and Frost.