notes on Help button:
1) Try to resolve the issue yourself. If you are stuck, you can either recall out, or try to use pathfinding. This is in your options menu. Many times someone will hit the help button and their problem is resolved shortly thereafter on their own.
2) Ask yourself if it is really necessary to page a GM. Perhaps it is only a bug and can be posted to the boards instead. General questions can be answered either on the boards, or by asking another online player.
3) Only Seers are online in the daytime. GMs are usually on at night. So you may send for help in the daytime and not get an answer. This is because Seers do not have the capabilities of GMs, and cannot help you, or there are no GMs online at that time. The Help messages are in a lineup. If you go offline afterwards, the help request is taken off the list. When you come back online (with that particular character) the request is put back on the list, so you do not have to page them more than once for the same problem.
4) If you are going to complain or criticize, offer solutions and/or alternatives.
5) Be curteous and polite. Even if you are angry about something, take a deep breath first. Read the etiquette section. If you are rude to someone do not expect them to be polite in response.