ClassicUO Client + WoD

Having a problem? Post it here.
Laephis
Administrator

ClassicUO Client + WoD

Post by Laephis » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi all,

Some of you may already be familiar with the ClassicUO client launcher or have used it on other shards. For some reason it's flown completely under my radar until now, so I decided to try it out and see if it worked with WoD. I mentioned something in Discord and Agata came to the rescue with a copy of a file needed for the shard.

Why use ClassicUO? It adds quite a few features and quality-of-life enhancements, the most noticeable is being able to play the game at a smooth 60+ fps. There are two options that I've experimented with: ClassicUO by itself and ClassicUO with Razor bundled together. Here is a quick summary of the steps I took to get both options working.

Before starting, download the WoD verdata.mul file and place in your normal UO install directory (usually something like C:\Users\YourUserName\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic)

ClassicUO
The program can be found on its github website. Windows, Linux, and Mac versions are available. Its portable and doesn't need to be installed after downloading and unzipping. Run the ClassicUOLauncher executable and configure a profile for WoD:

Enter the WoD server address found in your Login.wod file into the "Server IP" field and point the UO path to the location where you have UO installed. It should autodetect the client version, but most likely you'll have (or will want to have) 7.0.15.1. Make sure "use encryption" is checked. Username and password are optional but allow autologin if you want.

Finally, click the advanced tab and enable the use of the verdata.mul file:

ClassicUO + Razor
Download the latest version of the installer from here. A good summary of the install can be found here. I found that I had to update the settings.json file (found in the install directory of the ClassicUO/Razor program) in order to properly work:

Once again, make sure that the ip is set to the WoD server address found in Login.wod, the ultimaonlinedirectory is set to your main UO install location, use verdata is set to true and encryption is enabled.

This is all still pretty new and you're bound to find issues, so let us know if something is broken.

Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Re: ClassicUO Client + WoD

Post by Gordie » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:58 pm

Thank you for bringing that up!
I got curious and I had to try it and got it to work, and I have to say it is SMOOTH :)
Never a big fan of Razor so I had to find something similar to UOSteam. Gladly there are some people working on a project like that. You can find more details here: https://github.com/Reetus/ClassicAssist
Think I have to hop back in to the shard in the near future. No more crappy 12 fps :lol: