UO Cartographer Server - testing

Discussion about the WoD
Laephis
Administrator

UO Cartographer Server - testing

Post by Laephis » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been playing around with UO map tools and have set up a UO Cart server to test. If you use this application and want to give it a try, the details are as follows:

server: wod.hopto.org
port: 11000
user: (your character name)
password: wod

I'm also looking at Ultima Mapper as another option. It seems to have more features and is still being actively developed. Let me know your thoughts and if something like a UOC/UM server would be useful.

Azarion
Prominent
Prominent

Re: UO Cartographer Server - testing

Post by Azarion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:22 am

I'm connected, although I don't know if I have the tokuno maps? I'm not familiar with this program yet.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:24 am

Thanks for doing this.Will test this server tonite.Everyone should use uo cartographer and link up to this server so we all will know where you are if you need help.Or hunting in groups.
I myself was thinking about doing uoautomap and uocartographer. It does seem that more of us are using uocart I believe.The only reason I was still using uoautomap was because server was so easy to use and create.I have tried to create a uocarto server,but it was always on creating server.Not sure if port fowarding was set correctly or not.There is no need to now though. Thanks for doing this. You rock!
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 am

Uo cartographer by default has no labels at all. It does have all the maps.You can copy and paste your uo Automap map files over to carto and they work just fine. Atlas,wod,personal,dungeon,common or any other map files work.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 am

I can see other people on the server, but I can't get UOCarto to track myself =/

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:13 am

Wolfsong wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 am I can see other people on the server, but I can't get UOCarto to track myself =/
I've had some trouble with this myself. I tried a number of things, but what I think fixed it was right clicking the application exe -> select properties -> compatibility tab -> check "Run this application as an administrator." Apply and then try running the program again.
UOCart.jpg
UOCart.jpg (87.27 KiB) Viewed 3874 times

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 am

Yeah that didn't change anything. I'll just have to keep playing with it.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 am

I run the program as administrator, and also use Razor. My understanding is you require Razor, UOAssist or equivalent to get tracked in addition to running as administator.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 am

That was it, it requires Razor or UOS to work. My tracking is working now that I'm launching the game with UOS instead of just double clicking the client.

I do have to make sure I run UOS/Razor as admin though or some of our custom tiles like the fishtank and interactive painting become nouse tiles and UOCarto switches to the tokuno map every time I move.
Last edited by Wolfsong on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 am

Yup uosteam,razor,or uoassist will send your tracking info to ultima online. I think only UOautomap is the only one that can work with just the nwodclient to startup. Just tested. With wodclient only uoautomap is tracking me,uocarto is not tracking.I bring up UOsteam and both uoautomap and uocarto works fine.

And for anyone that has trouble with logging in with UOsteam or Razor.
uosteamrazoredited.jpg
uosteamrazoredited.jpg (247.38 KiB) Viewed 3844 times