A couple of questions.

Having a problem? Post it here.
Mack
Reputable
Reputable

A couple of questions.

Post by Mack » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:24 am

how do stats effect skills/what do they do. Does dex increase weapon attack speed or accuracy for example? Does it effect melee or just archery?

complimentary skills- is their a list/writeup anywhere on what gives what complimentary skill anywhere?

leadership- does higher leadership beyond 100 mean your henchies have higher stats?

weapon durability`is it better to repair more often for short term more damage or does that mean you get less total durability out of it?`I guess what I am asking is it better to repair often or not.

Agata
Developer

Re: A couple of questions.

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:36 am

Strength affects weapon damage. Dexterity affects attack speed. Intelligence affects Mana regeneration rate. There might be other effects I don't remember at the moment.

Complementary skill choices explanation: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=533

Leadership affects your henchmen's stat and skill caps. Their stats can never go higher than your own stats, and can't go higher than your Leadership either. As for their Skill Cap, that is equal to your Leadershio plus 20, so with 100 Leadership their skill cap is 120.

As for weapon durability, it depends on your preference. Have in mind that the damage inflicted by a weapon is reduced by its current durability. For example if it has 30/100 Durability, the damage would be reduced to 30%, while 98/100 would only reduce it to 98%. So weapons with very high durability like the Tempered (+80 durability) and Indestructable (+100 durability) give high damage throughput over a longer time than those with lower durability. There might be a chance of loss in max durability on each repair (depends on the craftsman's skill), but that lost durability can be fully recovered with the Full Repair Kit.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Thanks for answering one final question (for now) does str effect archery weapon damage?

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Yes, archery and Human/Elf Throwing weapon damage is affected by:
Strength
Tactics
Hiding higher than 75
Stealth higher than 75
Tracking higher than 75

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 pm

How does hiding/stealth/tracking effect it? Attacking from stealth=extra damage or ?

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 am

Having any of those skills higher than 75 grants a damage bonus. Each one of them grants a bonus. You don't need to do anything special, the bonus is always active.

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 am

Three more questions.

Is the durability of magic items random? I was glancing at two rugged halberds of power and one had almost double the max durability of the other. The only difference I could tell is one was the old one had more and the new magic system created one had less.

Does beyond 100 alchemy give greater buffs for the special alchemy potions? Looking at the scripts it does but I wanted to double check and make sure just in case I was reading it wrong.

do henchies get crit hits from anatomy or just faster bandage healing? Doesn't matter to me either way just want to know so I know who to prioritize giving anatomy buffs to myself or them.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 am

Are hunches skills effected by buffs? If i have 90 leadership and +20 in buffs for a total of 110 leadership will their skills go to 130?

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 am

Durability is something I don't remember changing, so if an old halberd has more durability than new ones, that must have happened before my time as WoD Developer. One thing I can tell you for sure, though, the prefix on the name states its durability, so an Indestructable item is supposed to be more durable than a fine item of the same type.

Any alchemy above 60 affects the buffs given by alchemy potions. The higher your skill, the greater, so if you have 500 alchemy that is a hell of a lot better buff than having 100 alchemy.

Henchmen use the exact same scripts for attack than players, so anything affecting a player's critical rate will also affect henchmen's.

Henchmen skills and stats are influenced by BASE Leadership skill and stats, no buffs.

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 am

Just had an indestructible invuln platemail chest drop it has 168 durability and my old one is a durable invulnerability chest with 380 durability something is really weird with durability numbers on new items. I am starting to wonder if the durability from item affixes such as rugged etc is just not being applied or something.

I just did some testing and benson created magic items are getting the durability bonus from affixes which means only monster dropped/normally obtained ones are having this issue potentially?