About (my) Chance To Hit dilemma

Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

About (my) Chance To Hit dilemma

Post by Gordie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:32 pm

I was wondering if you could factor in dex as a positive mod in the melee to hit calculations. I don't know what kind of formula the old archery uses for to hit calculations that throwing has at the moment, but I like it.
And so I was thinking that maybe all of the primary stats could have secondary benefits and be available as buffs in magic items. Intelligence could give passive mana regen increase at the rate of 1%*max int every 5 seconds, strength already gives health and damage, and dexterity could be the stat to secondarily add Chance to hit, in addition to also lowering the swing timer. For example, a kryss could give +6 to fencing, have +2 dmg and additionally add +4 to dex and +3 to int.
I don't know how time consuming this kind of change is to implement or how would it affect the balance of things, but it's an idea for min-maxin a toon.

Agata
Developer

Re: About (my) Chance To Hit dilemma

Post by Agata » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 am

Applying the dex factor to the chance to hit for all other weapons means you will get hit a lot more too. In trying to score more hits to "survive more easily", you will probably end up killed more easily.

This is what I will do: I will remove the dex factor from the hit chance on the Throwing script. That dex factor is part of the script that went away when I rebalanced. It being there in the throwing scripts is an overlook. In short, THIS IS NOT A NERF, IT'S A BUGFIX.

Str, Dex and Int already give passive bonuses to HP, Stamina and Mana regen rates.

As for the weapons giving bonus to the stats and other such things, we already have the magic jewelry doing that. Also the buff spells stack, and there are potions giving those buffs as well. If you want bonus to your stats, use what is already available.

As a general policy, I reject each and every request or suggestion that could affect game balance. I did a complete rebalance of WoD some time ago, and that involved modifying and adjusting everything and spending lots of hours playtesting along with very experienced and knowledgeable WoD players.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Re: About (my) Chance To Hit dilemma

Post by Gordie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:47 am

Okay, it might have been too hasty to ask for something like that of me, sorry :) Thanks for seeing to throwing anyway. It seemed a bit strong to my liking too :)