Exceptional Clothing

Having a problem? Post it here.
Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Exceptional Clothing

Post by Tamanier » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:05 am

I'm having troubles making Exceptional clothes.
Ill set it to make exceptional, then it'll just stop once its made. When I try to use the upgrade option it says it can't be made exceptional.
Maybe normal clothes can't be made exceptional, I don't know, I was just trying to make some so that I could use Bensons potions on them to get magic clothing. It'd be really cool if this were an option.
Thanks
Tamanier, Be'lal, Shaitan, Asha'man, Haliax, Thomandron, Perrin

Agata
Developer

Re: Exceptional Clothing

Post by Agata » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:50 am

Exceptional clothes don't exist. You can't create magical clothing with Benson potions.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:47 am

Ah k. Thats too bad, that'd be a neat option.
Thanks

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Post by gemini » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:18 am

way back in the day there was excpt. clothing but very few people saved them I was not one of them lol
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.

Terus Magnus
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Terus Magnus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:26 pm

way back in the day there were also people to trade with or buy from lol

slim pickins for those of us still playing regularly

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:04 am

I'd love to see more people playing...any suggestions? :)

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:16 am

I have so many features in my head that I would like to implement, and so little time lately. The Imbuing skill is still in the backburner, and would allow players to craft magic items with the properties they want, but it would be very costly and with lower chances of success and special material requirements for the ones with the highest power. Also I want to sort out a POL update first, one that will enable smooth movement and add support for some stuff which I currently do through scripting.

Also, may just be semantics or such, but I was thinking of modifying the client's language files to rename playable gargoyles to something else, to differentiate them from the old gargoyles. One of the options that came to mind was "half-dragons".
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Agata wrote:
Also, may just be semantics or such, but I was thinking of modifying the client's language files to rename playable gargoyles to something else, to differentiate them from the old gargoyles. One of the options that came to mind was "half-dragons".
Maybe "Dragonkin"?

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:58 pm

I like Dragonkin, sounds pretty cool. I kept calling them Demons the other day, but that just makes them sound evil.
Being able to craft your own magic items would be awesome, no matter how much material it would take. That sounds like a great idea.

I've got an idea for trying to attract new players as well. I use a site that is a public image sharing site that's pretty popular. Nothing exciting but people post a bunch of funny, interesting, and random stuff. I was thinking of submitting a post about UO and WoD, I'm sure it would peak the interest of people who used to play UO if I mention a shard that is still active.
No idea how many people it will reach since it depends how many upvotes or "likes" it gets when its first submitted. It could potentially be seen by thousands though, which im sure would draw in a couple dozen people.
I really need to figure out how to screenshot on my computer though, for some reason it isnt working. So if anyone has any great WoD pictures/screenshots I could use could you email them to me at mikec0238@gmail.com?

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 am

The imbuing sounds neet. Similar to what Ackadia had. They were called glowies.Magical drops for most tradeskills. Hammer,sewing kit,joining plane,etc. To use let say glowie sewing kit a master Taylor would create an exceptional piece of clothing. Let's say shirt. Buff up and pray,because there was also a chance for it to kill you and anybody close to you.
Each glowie had different levels too. Lesser,minor,apoc etc. The highest level gave better magic item.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.