AR on armour

Discussion about the WoD
Nox Starfire
Prominent
Prominent

AR on armour

Post by Nox Starfire » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:48 am

i noticed the other day that when i swapped my +8 camping and fortification plate tunic for an indy camping plate tunic the ar on each was the same and it didnt change my ar total of 87 either but the indy camping one did add 45 to the energy resist on my stats bar . does this mean that the armour quality now doesnt work ?
Another question is if we now cant use cloth pants would it be possible to combine them with armour legs like we can on helms with hats
just a thought . many thanks Nox

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Re: AR on armour

Post by Chala » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I believe that armor works a littler differently now, I cant remember if its capped, but i know that the AR in your stats its an average of all of your armor put together so it might not have affected the total armor but it might help the damage you take for hits to the chest which is the most common hit. As for pants I was disappointed that the pants slot is gone as well and was hoping something could be done to do something about it as well.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:29 pm

The way AR is displayed on the status bar has not changed at all. It is still an average, it is a very misleading indicator. Even if you have very high AR, if you don't wear a gorget and get hit on the neck, you get full damage with no reduction. And the 45 in Energy Resist is 45 charges of Electrical Resistance.

As for the pants, I might consider it, although I find most armor better looking than pants.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:37 pm

As do I. I dont know exactly what noxx wanted, but I think he wanted to make were were we could fortify pants to legs, like you fortify a helm to a hat, so it would keep the look of the armor, but just add the skill bonus of the pants.

Nox Starfire
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Nox Starfire » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm

yes thats the general idea chala would be nice if we could do with any/all armour what we can do with helms/hats add it but make it a high skill check and a small percentage of losing item if you fail just to teach us the error of our ways lol