Stolen

In-Character Discussion
Loki
Prominent
Prominent

Stolen

Post by Loki » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 am

Dawn rises in over the royal castle and Queen Lissar wakes from a restless sleep. Her dreams of late have terrified her, dreams of monstrous gargoyles, horrific creatures of the undead, and something stolen, and item that has been guarded for centuries, the Gem of Incandescence. The gem was an ancient stone passed down with powers unknown, the knowledge lost in time itself.

As she is preparing herself for the day or routine royal duties she hears a knock at the door. As she walks to the door she can hear shouting and sword fighting in the distance. She quickly opens the door to find Gram her captain of the guard. "Your Majesty!" He gasps "We have an emergency! The Gem of Incandescence has been stolen!" Wide eyed and in shock she quickly asks how this could have happened. Gram tells her the story of how a hooded stranger was seen last night running from the castle through a hole that appeared in the floor overnight. "There is more your majesty... There are monstrosities rising in the graveyard just north of the bank. They are skeletons and corpses risen, but they are an unholy glow, and burn everything they touch!" the newly appointed captain spoke as if hell itself had opened and released its fury. The queen quickly realized these events were not a coincidence. She ordered the captain to gather who ever might be of help to figure out this mystery, find the culperate, and return the gem back to the depths of the castle so that it might never see the light of day again. As the captain rushed away she spoke aloud to herself, "May the gods help us all. If the power of the gem is unleashed we will need every asset we can muster to defeat this threat, and even that may not be enough. Hopefully the heroes of old will return once again and help us fight this threat before we are all doomed..."

Beware citizens of Britain, a danger is coming, and every man and woman must be ready for this threat. The danger will be great but the rewards will be greater. A time will come soon were choices will be made, enemies will be fought, and new allies may be won.

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Re: Stolen

Post by gemini » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Warning to all I dared Mal to enter the portal near the Druid Circle, after not returning for sereval hours I began to worry,but out came Mal bloody but still alive he shoved a book into my hand and was mumbling about Order of Silence and how he killed a Lord of Silence.I read the book and this is what it says: Artifact Essence by Gareth High Priest of Silence. My Lord,we have drained the magical energy from the artifacts that were stolen.The enegry is being shipped by convoy to you as I write this.For safety I sent it with my strongest Captain,Xator the Orc.He will deliver the enegry to you within 1 weeks time.It will not be long before The One is summoned and the World is changed. Once again the fools on Britain were to late to stop our plans.Farewell,I fear the fools have arrived and I may not survive this encounter. G Mal has assured me noone one was left alive. I will leave this book at Mal's house in Brit. for all to read. Safe Travels.
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.