Fishing

Sidra
Notable
Notable

Fishing

Post by Sidra » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Fishing is one of my my favorite things to do in any game. What would really be nice, however, is if by engaging in fishing, you actually get some skill gain. I think that's the case in most games with the 'hobby' of fishing. It would really add to the fun of the activity, in my opinion. Could that be added, please?

Agata
Developer

Re: Fishing

Post by Agata » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:18 am

That is a tough question, as currently tradeskills can be trained by jobbing, which has an imposed limit of earning 5k gold per day. If I add skillgain to fishing from normal usage, it wouldn't be fair to exclude all other tradeskills from this.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

datus
Notable
Notable

Re: Fishing

Post by datus » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:56 am

Agata wrote:That is a tough question, as currently tradeskills can be trained by jobbing, which has an imposed limit of earning 5k gold per day. If I add skillgain to fishing from normal usage, it wouldn't be fair to exclude all other tradeskills from this.
No it wouldn't be fair to exclude them. So include them, and let the skill curve manage the rest.

No one wants to grind anything in the high integers. So we'll sink our gold into the system anyway, as it should be.