Provocation

Discussion about the WoD
Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Provocation

Post by Chala » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:02 am

So i just made a bard the other day, very fun to play with, but i did find one weird thing. I i provoke monster A onto monster B and then provoke monster C onto either monster A or monster B which ever one i provoke another creature onto becomes hostile towards me. I don't find this right because its really hard after you get them hostile towards you to try and get them fighting the monsters they are supposed to be fighting again. I don't think provocation should agro creatures unless you fail, the end. If there wasn't a skill check for both monsters i could understand, but since there is a skill check for both monsters it should make both monsters fight.

Agata
Developer

Re: Provocation

Post by Agata » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:44 am

That problem has to do with the Reputation system. The scripts are perfectly fine in what comes to making the provoked monsters attack each other, the problem resides in the fact that Provocation is a hostile action. If you provoke a guard or other blue NPC, you go grey. The targetting function is the one signalling the Reputation system. Aggressions pile up, so that's what happens.

I will see what can be done to make the alignment checks and criminal flagging outside the targetting.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am

Oh i completely understand not being able to provo something blue or a monster onto something blue, and thanks for looking into it. The only way i have found to get them to fight each other again is to either run around in circles for a min or two while they hit each other or run off screen.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Cast plague, go into wraith form and let them die chasing you and then you can turn them into zombies and rally them against their fellows!

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Rofl, that would be awesome! If I had even 60 points in necromancy, lol...

kvothe
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by kvothe » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:38 pm

The problem is --- one character have Music/Provoc/Disco and ... have low HitPoints and have no good Combat Skills, if you use your Music power in the creature, its Target of your provoc attack you ... is sad for a bard ... if you Miss your provoc OK, but if it sucess ... the normal is The Monster Defend yourself from other Monster, not attack the Bard.

The same happen in pets, you command your pet for kill the Monster and Monster attack you ?Have no Logic ... the monster ignore other beast hiting them and hunt the tammer ... kkkk.

The personal Opinion =)

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

It's a problem in the Targetting system.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Post by vimmons » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Hahahaha I noticed that and was about to talk.

Its been possible to taunt target just by double clicking on it !

And it only should work if you use "leadership" right ?
Shaka Do'Urden <-- 1st Do'Urden
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah, i have noticed the taunting thing as well, the provo thing is deff fixed though.