The Cure (no, not the 80's Band)

In-Character Discussion
Atei
Reputable
Reputable

The Cure (no, not the 80's Band)

Post by Atei » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 am

(Please forgive your humble scribe: I failed to take adequate notes and did not write down the names of all who quested this All Hallows Eve. There are other particulars I cannot recall either. I admit I am getting older, my friends. If the participants would please help give a full accounting that would be wonderful. :cry: )

The town criers had sent out a general distress call: The Queen's Mage Faust wanted the heroes of the Realm to gather at the Castle for an important and dangerous assignment. Armed with our silver weapons we met and heard the tale of a rogue Mage Relican who had a "history" with Queen Lissar. This knave craved power and communed with the dead! In an attempt to assassinate our Sovereign Queen Lissar this scoundrel had only succeeded in poisoning Britain's water supply, changing most of the city's inhabitants into the Undead! One of our main objectives was to find The Cure (no, not the 80's Band) and deliver it to Faust; he advised that he and his mages were unable to assist because some mysterious magic prevented them from entering The Crypts. Therefore, Azzo Ranar, his son Elzo Ranar, Lars, Manuel Fernandez, Ohgeer, Homer Oldham, your scribe Pau Atei (and others) were gated to The Crypts to thwart this evil plot and end this threat! :o

Under the best of circumstances The Crypts can be a challenging maze of tunnels and blind turns; however, this was All-Hallows Eve and the dead and the undead were restless to say the least. We were immediately beset by legions of undead warriors, mages, Daemons and archers. Each area cleared included a lot of bones, traps and treasure chests. Each in turn fell: to our weapons, or our cunning, or our lockpicks. :D

We made our way slowly forward, the mages doing a great job of healing and the warriors doing their best to keep the heat off of the mages (Joram would have been so proud of us). We even ran across a few mouthy demons who turned out to be no match for our weapons and spells. (On a side-note, is there anything more enjoyable then dropping a foul-mouthed demon who taunts you and impugns your character?) :twisted:

After a few mis-steps with particular areas (and the occasional helping hand from a birdie or two) we found ourselves in a central chamber, deep under The Crypts. Before us stood a Demon Statue and nearby our final foe with his undead cohorts. After a heated exchange we stood victorious over the broken body of this foul being. Faust then joined us, explaining that the spell that prevented him from entering The Crypts had been broken. He advised that he sensed even more evil; sure enough we soon found ourselves battling vampires and more demons; soon they too were dust. :P

We returned to Britain to share the tale and to split the loot. :mrgreen:

Faust joined us at the Britain Bank and accepted The Cure (no, not the 80's Band) and the rest as they say is history...or is it? That Daemon Statue remains under the Crypts. With the undead how does one know for sure when or if they are truly dead, eh? :?
Last edited by Atei on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Re: The Cure (no, not the 80's Band)

Post by chuxton » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:31 pm

Great account. I arrived very late, so I was even more clueless than ever. What impressed me was the amount of work that the Evils Wotsisname put into his den. It was a maze divided into locked sections. Each section was filled not only with rare monsters but each with its own variety of traps. To get into each new section, you had to choose from among multiple possible switches, levers and teleports. When we chose pooorly, something bad happened. Usually you got kicked back a room or two. When we were trying to get into the very last room, Ohgeer pushed what he thought was the doorbell and got transported all the way back to the entrance of the maze.
Here is the list of participants from the time I joined:
Azzo Ranar
Elzo Ranar
Lars
Pau Atei
Gaeron Hale
Ohgeer
Manuel Hernandez

Other random thoughts:
The group did well. I think there were few deaths before I arrived, but once I showed how it was done, dying became more popular. I died twice- I have to look up the numbers and post them separately. Lars and I died side by side at one point and it took us all evening to sort our stuff back out. I think I still have his socks- they are two sizes too small for me. But there were no mass killings (I have been on many adventures where everyone died at once and that really complicates things). It's also worth mentioning that the loot was very good- everyone who participated got one or two nice new toys and deco items and enough money to cover all losses. Quests aren't about the loot, of course, but they often provide rare treasures of both sentimental and practical value.
I thought I had lost my steed Ghost (which would have made me sad) but he turned up in the bottom of the main loot bag.

Relican
Notable
Notable

Post by Relican » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:00 am

*bursts into roarous laughter*

Hahahah! I'm thoroughly amused that you would think a group of second-rate warriors could possess the power to defeat me, let alone kill me. The notion is so ridiculous, it IS funny.

I must admit I'm a bit surprised that you were able to best one of my acolytes, but the fool deserved his fate for trying impersonate me and malign my good name. I would have killed him myself had he survived your attack.

Assassinate your Queen? Ha! If I wanted little Elizabeth dead I would have ended her life long ago. She might be a "Queen" to you, but to me she's just another feeble mortal.

No, my designs are not as unimaginative as that of a common thug. Don't worry, you will live long enough to learn to tremble at the sound of my name.

Oh and tell that fool Faust to stop spreading false rumors about me. That ignoramus knows nothing about me. I'm not one of the "undead," I am beyond death. Your language lacks the words to properly define what I am. Let's just say, you have never met someone like me.

*smirks*

~ The Dark Lord Relican, Master of Death

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 am

So then "knave" doesn't adequately describe you, Relican?

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832