Prophets and Promises...

In-Character Discussion
Winslow_Ranar
Notable
Notable

Prophets and Promises...

Post by Winslow_Ranar » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Greetings all, I must relate the happening of yester~eve so that all may know the seriousness of our situation in our realm. Last night, Tyr Pendragon, Harlow Ranar, Kale Greeneye, and myself, Arkaine also joined us late in the fight as he woke to find himself surrounded by agents of the void. I summoned him from his location which was unknown to me at the time, Moonglow bank. Forgive my ramblings, I am a man of nature and preferred solitude not public oration...

It started out with the first four of us meeting in front of the Britain bank building, once assembled I related our problem concerning the note that my cousin Azzo has already informed on. It was an ultimatum stating that we must sacrifice one of our own at the Temple of Fire to those that the prophet represented. Once the situation was explained we prepared for our journey to the temple of fire with spells of protection and enhancements... it turned out to be very wise.

Once all were prepared we gated to the shrine of Humility and proceeded towards the Temple. We no sooner arrived than we were accosted by many Knights in shining plate armor. Though they were many in number and mighty in force through might and magic of our own we defeated them to a man! We then found upon one of the dead Knights a key to the gates of the Temple. Using the key we entered cautiously keeping our defenses at the ready and slowly moved forward. Skirting the main building in the Temple we spotted a lone man atop of the building near the alter.. we later came to know him as the Dark Prophet. Mounting the steps we ascended to the top to find out just what it was this "prophet" was up to and how he intended to get his "sacrifice". The prophet informed us that if we were to offer one of our selves, nigh our very soul as sacrifice to those he represented we would then know one weeks peace in our cities. This was of course scoffed at by all of us attending and as one we informed him that there would be no such willing sacrifice. I told him we would not participate in such an undertaking and that to help further the cause of evil was not our way. He claimed that this was not an evil thing, only a natural order of things, relating it to that of a lion and a lamb..asking if it were evil if the lion ate the lamb..claiming it was simply natural. I could sense the power of the Prophet all the while, I feel we are dealing with a very powerful being, he claims not to be in charge but simply a messenger for those who are. I also sense he is more of a meddler than anything in the scheme of things but I may be wrong, I do not have the understanding of the dark knowledge of my cousin.
Once we made our intentions clear the Prophet told us that there would be no peace for us and that it would be wiser to sacrifice one for the greater good..we told him of the great troll population and the orcs that were in high numbers if feeding was an issue. He looked as if he were about to drool when he told us it was our juicy souls that they preferred.

The tension grew thick as the conversation waned and the prophet asked one last time if we would not do as we were asked and unified we told him we would not...it was then that he unleashed several Agents of the Void upon us..we ere ready for the fight though and began in earnest! Kale and Tyr began attacking and Harlow and I began supporting them and lending spells when needed. Calling on our natural powers given us by our earth mother we cursed them and brought down great waves of water, assailed them with swarms of bees and brought Treants and elementals of earth to help as well. the battle was arduous and harsh, I was felled by an agents poison and could but watch as Harlow and the others battled on. My fellows were mighty and brave and through steadfast determination defeated the Agents! I was resurrected and able to collect my things while we talked about what to do next...the Prophet had told us we would be invaded and that Moonglow was the first targeted city. We regrouped and refreshed our protecting magics and set forth to fellowship hall so that we could use Penn~Hedley's extensive collection of runes to find a way into the back side of Moonglow near the great telescope. Once we arrived we proceeded towards town only to find a great many agents along the way..the invasion had begun and was one of great force. We made our way towards town in a painstaking process of fight and heal, the Agents were many and they were strong. Fighting forward we made it about half way were we met a lone Knight who appeared as if he had been awaiting our arrival. His name was Sir Kendrick and he looked injured but able to impart upon us bows of great magic to aid us in our fight. I must note now that silver weapons do the most damage to them but let it be known they are caustic in nature and each hit caused damage to our very own weapons... I witness the loss of both Tyr and Kales weapons to the point that it was necessary to retrieve others to continue fighting until we were given the bows. The bows were all silver and mighty indeed! upon giving the gifts the old Knight told us it was time for him to go and limped to a tree..I gave aid with healing spells and tried as I might but he was injured past even my healing magics. I gave him the blessings of my craft and he passed from this realm to the next. We once more took up our cause and armed with the new weapons proceeded on the path to town..more of the same was found in seemingly an endless supply of Agents! Fighting our way to the edge of town at the fence line it was then we discovered how great the numbers of Agents that had invaded was! This was to be a great battle indeed!

Steeling ourselves to the task at hand we waded into the breech to save our city and it's people who were already being slaughtered. Harlow and I with our magic and our dragon companions, Kale and Tyr with their weapons and sweat.. we fought for hours and it was near the end that we were joined by Arkaine to finish the task. After what seemed like forever the last of the Agents and Soldiers were destroyed, leaving us exhausted and depleted both in stamina and supplies. We all knew more was to come and after making sure all were accounted for departed to check on other cities and our own holdings.

I fear this menace will grown in strength and power and only by banding together will we know victory. I am calling a meeting of the Druids and calling upon all of you to come together and stand with us against this present darkness that threatens our beloved home.

I am weary yet from the battle and the magics used in it and must rest further, be wary my friends..more is yet to come!
Winslow Ranar
Grand Master Druid of the Realms