Rest in Peace Ehran

Discussion about the WoD
michella
Reputable
Reputable

Rest in Peace Ehran

Post by michella » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 pm

It is with immense grief I post this. We have lost a dear friend this week. Brian McDonald, better known as Ehran to all of us here at WoD has passed away. His sister told me the doctors think he had a blood clot that stopped his heart. Please lift him and his mother and sister up in good memories of the son and brother they will so sorely miss. I believe there is a heaven and he is up there right now sitting with Ciara, telling her all about his adventures with their good friends here in the place he loved almost as much as life itself.
Last edited by michella on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laephis
Administrator

Re: Rest in Peace Ehran

Post by Laephis » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 pm

This is truly terrible news. I got an email from Ehran exactly one month ago, and he hinted at the health problems, but I underestimated how serious it was. Words fail to fully describe what a positive influence he was for the World of Dreams, both in-game and out. RIP, friend.

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:25 pm

*Draws back his hood and bows his head*
"Fare Thee well, friend. You will be missed."
::You notice the man's cheek glisten before he replaces his hood, turns, and walks away silently::
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Joram Lionheart
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Joram Lionheart » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm deeply saddened to hear this news. Though I never met "Ehran" in real life, I know that he was a good man and a loyal friend. He was always full of good advice. His memory will live on in this World of Dreams. Rest in peace, old friend.

Bodal
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Bodal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Tragic news! As Joram says, a nicer guy in game you could not meet..had been hoping to see him back playing here. Alas. Thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP.

Randell
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Randell » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 am

This is sad news indeed. I haven't told my wife, Wings, yet. Her and E used to chat a lot, think we even had his number at one time.

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:15 am

I remember reading his stuff long long ago and enjoying it.

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Post by chuxton » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Rats. I probably spent as much time with Ehran in-game as I have with any player. I, too, was looking forward to his return. I remember once when Homer and Ehran met up in Vesper. I was coming from the North, killing vampires one by one and clearing the streets and he came in from the West, killing them in twos and threes. Neither of us had known the other was around. We chatted for a while, then he proceeded killing vampires to the East and I continued doing the same to the South.

michella
Reputable
Reputable

Post by michella » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Many were the hours Ehran and I spent together in this World of Dreams. He was really my first friend here. My daughter had brought me here and promptly went on to new adventures so I was kicking around pretty much by myself when he took me under his wing. He was healing from a near catistrophic car accident at the time which allowed him to play at the same time as my after school hours schedule even though he lived on the far west coast of Canada and I in Florida.
Ehran always had a knack for helping out young players learning the ins and outs of UO, WoD style. We dungeon crawled, killed more Trolls than I could possibly count (by far his favorite mob) quested together killing blights and uber monsters galore. Oh those quests....hours long..even days long and he would be at the forefront using his bow and poisoned arrows and oh yes his blade spirits! But he was never so far away that he couldn't res me when I fell. Ehran was enthralled with military warfare and used that love for organized attack to the fullest. He personified chivalry. Always a gentleman. If he saw a new young player not understanding how to group hunt without training mobs on his fellows he would take said newby out to give him a bit of one on one but never publicly embarrass him. Some of my favorite memories are of helping new players with Ehran by my side. He loved this game but moreso he loved the people that played. Young and old, oldbies or newbies. He was unabashedly pleased with the trophies he won over the years from the two bags of preserved heads of legendary characters I have tucked away in his chest of drawers at my apartment to the glorious array of rare oddities I have displayed downstairs at the mage shop in Magencia. I know it would please him to be remembered so I invite all to come by and view the small collection. I am not sure how I will manage without seeing Ehran riding his Llama throughout Brittania.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:15 am

I find it hard to post here, I can't much cover more than what Mich did and she hit it right on the head. Ehran was both friend and companion on many a crawl through the dungeon. He simply was another integral part of why WoD lives on in all of us. I agree that he and Ciara are sitting up there watching and chuckling at us as we continue to quest and venture. I miss them both and with a tear on my cheek I salute him and proudly call him a friend.