WoD Development Roadmap

Discussion about the WoD
Agata
Developer

WoD Development Roadmap

Post by Agata » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:01 am

Hello everyone

Currently the World of Dreams server runs on POL version 095. I am currently reviewing JaceAce's conversion of the WoD scripts to 098. Some things work, some don't work. I want to have a full conversion to 098 finished before christmas, preferably deployed to the live WoD server around mid-november. Then I will proceed to add some new goodies as a christmas present for the WoD players.

This is quite a bold adventure on my part, so I need a party of adventurers to join me and make this merrier and finish it faster. If you have some coding experience, I hope you can volunteer to help me with the conversion, it's a matter of doing the following:

1. Make sure each of the already converted scripts are up to date with what we are using
2. Make sure each of the already converted scripts work as intended, as sometimes things work different when changing POL versions
3. Convert the remaining scripts and make sure they work as intended
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Agata
Developer

Re: WoD Development Roadmap

Post by Agata » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Just adding, forgot to mention, the upgrade to POL 098 adds support for the Mondain's Legacy client, which means more artwork, adding the possibility for more animations, the elf race, more mounts, more weapons, more furniture, more magic spells, custom houses, etc.

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 pm

I'll give you a hand with this once I get my computer sorted out.
This will also entail adding a fourth coordinate to every item and location in the game.
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Agata wrote:Just adding, forgot to mention, the upgrade to POL 098 adds support for the Mondain's Legacy client, which means more artwork, adding the possibility for more animations, the elf race, more mounts, more weapons, more furniture, more magic spells, custom houses, etc.
Boo! hiss! I am a purist sorry.

michella
Reputable
Reputable

Post by michella » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Custom housing YAY!

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Custom housing is supported by POL 099, which is still in development stage. Once it's released, I will work on migrating to it. For the time being, we will migrate to 098, which is quite some work. Moving to 099 shouldn't be that complicated since it's a step of one version only.

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 pm

it will also allow for newer clients and hopefully, a better play experience.
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Randell
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Randell » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:54 am

some of the newer armors look pretty good as well. had the ackadia scripts converted to a point. That was during a time when an ackadia player tried his hand at hosting, then it died out so I stopped the conversion process.