Homer: #2154 - Was it the Last One?

In-Character Discussion
chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Homer: #2154 - Was it the Last One?

Post by chuxton » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 pm

I was fighting an ancient vampire. See, there was a vendor just outside Vesper that Pinkwater wanted to use for some tinkering supplies, but the vampires have been hanging around making shopping inconvenient. I was asked to have a chat with any loitering vampires to move them away- or something. I was really doing quite well, using my customery cautious methodologys. Then some "weather" issues intervened. Much of my progress was wiped out and I was afraid there would be a total "rainout." Impatience. I estimate it has been a factor in at least 837 of my fatal accidents. To put it simply, I got careless and cut things too close.
Oh-oh. As far as I knew, I was still on a DNR order from the healer's guild. Fortunately, I died reasonable close to the Vesper/Minoc moongate. There are healers who have been my friends for a long time and towns where the Guild's influence is moderate. When I called on my healer friend, he told he would have rezzed me anyway, but that he had just received a courier message that the order had been lifted, thanks to a deal negotiated by Ajax Mayflower.
Afterward, I had no difficulty in returning, recovering my stuff, and clearing out the vampire nest threatening the shopping area (where Smudge later did Pinkwater's shopping chores). Well, I VIRTUALLY cleared them out. I decided that a nearby undead dragon did not pose THAT big a threat and I'm afraid I misplaced a vampire assassin somewhere in downtown Minoc.
Now that the DNR notice is behind us, I have been giving a lot of thought to that undead dragon...