Why the idlers as of late?

Discussion about the WoD
Agata
Developer

Why the idlers as of late?

Post by Agata » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:04 am

Why the idlers as of late? I am talking about people leaving their characters online all night doing nothing.

Did you know skill training doesn't require you to be online? You can logoff and your skills will increase next time you logon, after the next "training check", as if you had been online all that time.

Also, stats won't increase if you are standing in the same place for hours.

Is there any other reason I am missing for people to leave their characters online overnight doing nothing?
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Re: Why the idlers as of late?

Post by gemini » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 am

during my days off I leave mine on cause a lot of times I jump back on, at night I do leave mine on cause I thought stats only gained when online. But if is an issue I'll stop
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 am

I'm mining lol

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello Gemini

No, it's not an issue, I just found it strange and pointless.

For skill training, you don't require to be online at all.

For stat gains, you have to be online and moving constantly for long distances. And no, moving a lot within a small room doesn't work, you actually have to travel.

If you move at least 100 tiles AWAY from the last spot where a stat gain check was made, it's guaranteed that you have crossed the "first barrier". The chances to cross this "first barrier" decrease if you move less than 100 tiles away, and if the distance moved is less than 5 tiles, your chances are completely null.

After crossing this "first barrier", there is a "second barrier" with several random factors coming into play, and the chance of stat gains decreases for each individual stat as it gets higher. If you cross this "second barrier", you gain 1 point in a stat.

Now, when you do package deliveries, every time you deliver a package, there is an independent check similar to the "second barrier", but with lower chance. These extra stat gain checks, even if at lower chance, will raise your stats much faster than just adventuring and moving around.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Post by gemini » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm

well I can be a bit strange....lol ok cool like I said I am usually near computer when I do it in case I see someone on. Few times I have went to bed and left it on though *insert people are strange by the Doors* lol
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.