Extended idle/inactive time

Rhys Duir
Prominent
Prominent

Extended idle/inactive time

Post by Rhys Duir » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi,

I know the inactivity auto-logout is there for a reason, but given how low-population we are right now, it seems to hurt more than it helps. Would it be possible to greatly extend the amount of time before being logged off? Often I'm logged in and poking around, maybe multitasking on my PC, and it would be nice to see when someone else comes online. Might make easier to build up the population a little if our paths cross more frequently. :)

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Re: Extended idle/inactive time

Post by gemini » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:41 pm

yea I use to do this a lot I would log in and play for a few then do some work around the house then something with the kids then go back to playing
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.

Rhys Duir
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Rhys Duir » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:14 am

I'm going to cast thread-necro... is this possible to change? Pretty please? :) The idle auto logoff has always been way too short in my opinion and seems totally unnecessary with such a small group of people playing.

Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Gordie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 am

My workaround has been UOSteam and have it make a campfire with 120 second intervals, when I don't want to get logged off. I can give a tutorial for UOS if you need one :)
I'm CET+1, and online at totally random times for a bit or a whole lot of time, but I try to log in between 11:00-02:00 during weekends.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Is the auto-logoff activated? I don't remember ever getting auto-logged out recently.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Rhys Duir
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Rhys Duir » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:31 pm

Agata wrote:Is the auto-logoff activated? I don't remember ever getting auto-logged out recently.
Seems to be an active thing. I was auto logged off several times yesterday while hanging out in the bank. :)

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:43 am

While moving things over I noticed the setting that controls this and made a "tweak". 8-) You should notice a significantly longer amount of time before you're booted off the server.