Gargoyles get hit hard

Having a problem? Post it here.
Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Gargoyles get hit hard

Post by Gordie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Haven't figured a way to protect the hands, neck and head slots effectively. What this means is that when you take a beating from, for example, trolls hitting 3-7 dmg they occasionally strike for 30-50 which can be lethal if not careful. I however can use a mana stone on a magic chainmail coif to transfer the properties on the kilt. This protects the head and neck. The arms slot cannot be mana stoned with any human gloves, so the hands are left bare. The idea was to use a chain tunic on garg chest piece, chain coif on kilt and plate gloves on the arms which would've allowed total protection against monsters.
So this means gargoyles' tanking ability will always be less than that of a human or elf when it's in this state.

Gargoyle armor slots compared to human
chest - chest
arms - arms
kilt - head (or gloves too, yet to try)
legs - legs
none - gorget
none - gloves
Gargoyles get hit in the no protection area (7%+7% of the time) with full force when in full plate in every slot they can cover.

Gargoyle can wear several types of boots, bs crafted and tailor crafted, to give protection in an area where there is no hitbox. That makes absolutely no sense.
Gargoyles get the accessory slots though: robe, belt/apron, bodysash, boots(talons), wing armor(cloak) plus 4 jewelry slots. Necklace can be worn when your kilt is mana stoned with a coif. Not sure if human can wear a gorget and necklace simultaneously.

Agata
Developer

Re: Gargoyles get hit hard

Post by Agata » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:00 pm

This is the slot comparison as handled by the WoD scripts.
Chest - Chest
Arms - Arms
Kilt - Gloves + gorget + head
Legs - Legs/feet

So by equipping those four pieces of armor, you have full coverage.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 pm

If you want enchanted gargish equipment, use Benson's Oil.

Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Gordie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Thx for clearing the confusion :)

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:18 pm

The issue when mana stoning from some piece of armor to gargish equipment is that in the case of the kilt, if you use a chainmail coif you will have no protection on the hands, as the protected zones are replaced by those of the chainmail coif. My suggestion as stated before is enchanting the gargish equipment with Benson's oil. There are plans for the Imbuing skill, but that's still in the design board. I want to come with something similar to OSI but different in some way at the same time.