Successful hit rate in combat seems very low

Having a problem? Post it here.
Terus Magnus
Upstanding
Upstanding

Successful hit rate in combat seems very low

Post by Terus Magnus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:45 pm

I hvae 114 fencing, I still only hit 2 or 3 out of 5 on low level stuff, and on higher level stuff (i.e. bloodlich and up) I hit like 1 out or 5

I can survive this with my tank character, but archery is brutal becuase of what seems to be such a low hit rate. Has it always been like this is or is just worse since the upgrades from POL 095/POL096?

Terus Magnus
Upstanding
Upstanding

Re: Successful hit rate in combat seems very low

Post by Terus Magnus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:07 pm

seriously...114 fencing against Maggie the Mage and i missed 11 straight swings...

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:48 pm

The hit rate formulae is exactly the same from old days. If your opponent has fighting skills, you will have a harder time hitting, even if it's only 60. If your opponent has the same level of fighting skill than you, then you can imagine it will be HARD to hit, and the enemy will also have a HARD time hitting you. It has always been that way. As for archery, the weapons had a HUGE increase in fire rate and damage to compensate for that.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:55 pm

And checking the template, a Bloodlich has 100 Macefighting. Maggie the Mage also has 100 Macefighting.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:06 pm

I verified the results with 114 fencing player vs 100 macefighting monster, the result is a hit chance of 69%. You are just unlucky or the random number generator is not very evenly distributed. Let's not forget on a badly distributed random number generator, if your hit chance is 70% you could get 3000 misses in a row and then 7000 hits in a row.