*rubs his eyes*

Discussion about the WoD
Belmont
Notable
Notable

*rubs his eyes*

Post by Belmont » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am

It's still here, and all of you! Well, some of you anyway... is this the World in which I used to live? I'm interested to explore, and see if the little sparks of life I've seen here could be flamed into something as wonderful as we once knew! I wonder, and we shall see.. to even wake up here again, after so many years, even a decade... may something wonderful yet be raised. May this not be for nothing!

Even though a mighty oak fell, life was surely not lost.. even if we are not counted as much more than an acorn now, was not that mighty oak but an acorn once as well? And is that very same life and potential not in this World we now find in our care? How interesting a place we find ourselves — those of us who are here now, at this time, with our beloved World still intact but so asleep as it has been. We who know the beauty of our former home — may we invest and nurture and not neglect! May we not forget, nor give up hope, nor cease to care.. For those who are new, may you come to taste and know how the beauty of this place, and know that we need you just as much and more than anyone! The old oak has fallen, as all do, but we carry the life it once held.. we are not the oak itself, we will look and grow differently, but I believe the same heart carries on. That is important. As long as there are those that still crave for a world of wonder and friendship, a world of adventure and treasure and battles for the peace and protection of the World itself! As long as those who seek these things still remain, it is needful that we keep on in hope. Surely there will always be those seeking this World, where they know it or not, so let us trust that our hope is surely not in vain. Let us call to them and not grow weary.. and let us have a world prepared for them, full of what life we have to give it, welcoming the life they would bring it, and not present them a world so full of potential but left empty and dead. May our existence at all, after all this time, remind us that our life and World is worth preserving — worth our efforts, our hopes, our rekindled and beloved memories that have keep us here... our very Dreams of what could yet be once again.

=====

Hello, all! After some 10 or so years, I've logged back into my account just yesterday! I was just happy to find WoD alive at all, let alone expect my old account and characters and house was still intact! Much thanks again to Agata for handling all of that! I don't suspect many of you who are old players remember me all that much. I believe I played as Ian Darkmoore for most of my time here, and switched over to the lastname of Belmont at some point before the Fall, Christian Belmont being my main character from then on. I believe I was told there was another who simply went by the name of Belmont, but that was not me. Anyway, I hope to see some of you in-game in the coming days and weeks and months, and hope to see the community here spring back to life, if it would be possible! I'll be voting away in the Top 200, talking to some old friends, and doing my part to keep the forums active and full! I've already met a few new guys here that are active and excited about the idea of WoD coming back to life, and may all of you who have been hanging about for sometime with those hopes be fired back up for that as well yourselves! I think it would just be a matter of getting enough interested people here and all active at the same time, hm! Perhaps easier said than done, but I know there is a growing number of us now that long for it!

Anyway, I thought I'd make my presence know here on the forums as well as in-game! Hello to all of you old-time WoD'ers, and hello to all of you new people here! This is truly a great shard that we're built upon, a wonderful World, and a community of great heart and fellowship. May we once again see the World of Dreams become the welcoming and wonderful place we once knew it to be! It will surely take the right people coming along, but may they find us still here and active and hopeful when they do log-in for the first time, or decide to check out the forums to see what the community is life.. as amazing as I know WoD to be, no one will want to join a dead world! May we all be just as active here and in voting as we are in-game, hm! Even if it were for nothing more than showing the life we do have here it would be worth it, but all the more I know friendships and adventure can just as likely start here as they can in-game! :)

But yes, with all of that said, and with my long unplanned introduction finished as well haha... hello! I'm happy to be back.. and hopeful for what's to come! :)

Belmont
Notable
Notable

Re: *rubs his eyes*

Post by Belmont » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 am

Or not I guess. Goodbye people. Enjoy :)

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 am

Give them time :D
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Ok... for old times sake I will plague you in the bank if it will make you stop the crying! :twisted: