Important Announcement

Discussion about the WoD
Agata
Developer

Important Announcement

Post by Agata » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Hello everyone

Some of you might not know, but I have been struggling to get a job for quite some time, and I have been doing part time jobs all day, so I haven't been so active in-game or scripting.

But finally I landed a job! It's funny, I posted my resume at an outsourcing company to apply for a job at my local area, and instead they said they had a better job for me based on my work experience, but I would have to relocate... It seems I will be part of a team that remotely monitors and troubleshoots the UO servers and other things at EA...

Anyways, just so everyone knows, since I will be relocating, I won't have a home PC for some time, so New Player Applications might be processed a little slower for the first few weeks, then things will get back to "normal", and later you might see me online in-game more frequently again. Being economically stable gives me more free time.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Re: Important Announcement

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Congrats on your new job! Working for EA and UO none the less!

laramyp
Prominent
Prominent

Post by laramyp » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Congrats! Having a stable job always takes some of that stress off of the shoulders.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Greetings

I just relocated, today is party time, so I will be having fun with my co-workers. Work starts tomorrow.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:00 am

AWESOME! Congrats my friend

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:26 am

Well, it was not the UO servers, those have their own team and technology. I am monitoring other online game services, like the EA Sports games, Battlefield, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, the Origin Store, etc. Anyways, the job is refreshing for me, I feel 10 years younger :D

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Iam glad you are enjoying your new job! How is it where you are now?

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 pm

It's been rainy all day. We have giant LCD screens and several PS3, X-Box 360 and Wii, as well as our workstations for monitoring the servers. Whenever a problem alert raises, we look into it. Sometimes there is little work regarding the servers, so we help the QA team to playtest the soon to be released EA games. If an alert raises we stop playing and start working. We have 15 minutes to diagnose the problem and reply to an alert since its arrival. The time we have to fix it depends on how critical is the problem. Sometimes we get swamped with 30 or more alerts within a very small time frame, and each shift has only 5 people, but so far it has been good enough, although stressing at times.