Animate Dead

Having a problem? Post it here.
vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Animate Dead

Post by vimmons » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm

What suddenly happened to animate dead ? I used to cast it and it always work with 60 necro ... Since wednesday its not working anymore.
Shaka Do'Urden <-- 1st Do'Urden
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden

Agata
Developer

Re: Animate Dead

Post by Agata » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:34 pm

There was an error in the skillcheck. It was doing a check of -80, so I fixed it, changing it to 80. You should never had been able to use it with 60 Necromancy. You were able to because long ago I made a change to the skillcheck routines, to do a special kind of skillchecks when numbers lower than -1 are given.

There are two kinds of Skillchecks:

1. You give a positive difficulty of N, and it generates a random number falling within N-19 and N+20, it's compared to your skill, and if your skill is equal or higher, you pass.

2. You give a negative difficulty of -N, and it generates a random number between 1 and 100, it substracts N from the result, and compares it with your skill, if it's equal or higher, you pass. Originally, the N was not substracted from the random number, I made this change for some special checks in the Provocation and Discordance skills.

The skillcheck of -80 from Animate Dead predates my change, so it's obvious it wasn't me, and what I assume is the original check was -1, and at some point it was meant to be changed to 80, but the scripter didn't remove the negative sign.

So now it's fixed and you can't use Animate Dead, the way it should always have been.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Forgot to mention, I moved this topic to the Technical Support Forum, where it belongs.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 pm

After reviewing the spell and considering it's a 2nd circle spell, I decided to change the check to -1, so you will have a 60% success chance now.

vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Post by vimmons » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Good ! =D
Shaka Do'Urden <-- 1st Do'Urden
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden