Mysterious New Blight in Yew

In-Character Discussion
chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Mysterious New Blight in Yew

Post by chuxton » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm

I am exhausted and cannot provide a full account of the events that occurred in Yew yesterday evening, but I must warn the citizens of Britannia that a new blight has occurred. It was discovered by Pinkwater the mage on a routine delivery quest. He used a new runebook crafted by Holly Hawke which is located right in the middle of the Yew village green. Last night, that location was also dead center to a large blight surrounded by an army of reapers, ents and diseased wolves and bulls. Pinkwater was not prepared for combat and the creatures mobbed him immediately, preventing him from moving and thereby cutting him off from his gate. He was killed before he could take any other action. His intern, the charming Tiffany, has not been seen since the incident and is presumed lost, as was Pinkwater's steed.

I attempted a rescue, but there was no help to be had in all of Britannia and the occupying force was too much for any single warrior to handle.
I was killed once and rearmed. I recovered my equipment and a small part of Pinkwater's, but I was killed again while still in possession of both of my sets of gear and Pinkwater's. Smudge attempted a recovery by stealth, but the creatures of the blight controlled too broad a space, and he barely escaped with his life. Lisa Lyttle, of the East End Sisters tried her hand. Like Homer, she was successful in picking off the reapers one by one, but at a pace that held no hope of clearing Yew. Then I managed to reach the Ranars. I think almost every member of that clan took a hand in fighting the blight. I rejoined and Azzo and I took turns getting killed but we began to make some headway. When Azzo beat back the reapers enough for someone to reach the village green, Kate Kitchener arrived and, with Winslow Ranar, deatroyed the blight. It still took a lot of fighting and a little dying to clear out the spawn from the blight, but we did it before leaving Yew.

I recovered none of my lost equipment. My steed Ghost was still alive when I saw him last, but he was nowhere to be found after the battle and I must assume him among the fallen.

So what are we to make of this new blight. At one point, I thought I spotted a vampire mage hiding behind one of the reapers. But what sense does that make? It is most unusual for a major blight to occur when no one is around- they usually target heros of the land. Pinkwater was not likely to have been such a target, not only because he is no hero, but because his decision to go to Yew was on the spur of the moment. A caution- if you encounter a blight- REPORT IT either to others in the land or on this bulletin board. DO NOT simply walk away from it because it is too much for you to handle.

If you wish to send condolences, you may number them 2168, 2169 and 2170. Finally, I salute that great, courageous and unselfish Ranar clan. They saved Yew at a minimum and who knows where the blight might have gone from there?

Homer

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Re: Mysterious New Blight in Yew

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 am

Homers account was right on the money, I it was a night of tragic loss, Winslow is devestated and I was helpless to do anything but watch his items decay....the world moved as if stuck in amber and while I collected his items they were decaying before I could even pick them up... It was an epic battle to say the least.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:14 am

Just now while running around Trinsic, I stumbled across a small patch of diseased animals and an ent. That is all ive found so far but i will sweep the town to be sure.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:25 am

Is Pinkwaters steed named "The Brain" by any chance?

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Post by chuxton » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

Cale,

Yes, he was. A rather embarassing pun from "Pinky and the Brain", I'm afraid. Don't tell me you actually found it!!

Chuck

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:38 pm

I did, it was unowned, just named. I found it on the ent that I killed in downtown Trinsic.... How weird. I will give it back to you as soon as I see you :)