The server is back online

Discussion about the WoD
Laephis
Administrator

The server is back online

Post by Laephis » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Well, that was easy. :P

I have the WoD server back online and running off the last backup I took in 2004. I'm actually pretty shocked and amazed that everything works. I logged in and everything was exactly where we left it...except the people, of course. :|

I doubt that very many folks will be interested in this, but if you'd like to log in and have a look around, send me a PM with your account name and I will reply with your password and the server login information. If you can't remember your password, just reply to this thread and provide enough info (character name, etc.) so that I can look up your account. In order to play you'll need to:

1) Install UO 2d client. (I used my AoS disc and did not patch it after install.) If you cannot find your discs there is a free trial version that works found here: http://www.fileplanet.com/150525/150000 ... -day-Trial
2) Download the WoD client files found here
3) Extract the WoD files into your UO directory, and put the wodli.cfg file there, too.
4) Launch the wodclient.exe file

If you're still in contact with any other former players, feel free to tell them about this. It's like traveling back in time...

trakas
Notable
Notable

Re: The server is back online

Post by trakas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:30 pm

pretty sure my acct was as *****, my toon names were

Trakas Soulfire/Sokali Tokara/Singala/Tolgaro Soulfire

downloading the uo files now hope to be able to check it out tonight

jord1093
Notable
Notable

Post by jord1093 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:27 am

Hello?... *taps mic* is this thing on?.... Ehemm.... My name is Jordan... My character name was Benny Boldsong, and i'm not trying to hack someone else's... you can ask ShadowStone, Aimee Duklain, and multiple other notable persons on this wonderful forum... i *was* quite known... I would be delighted to join you again.
A.K.A. Benny Boldsong...

rocko
Prominent
Prominent

Post by rocko » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:00 pm

I don't think anyone remembers me as I played in 2002 for not long before my school work pulled me from games. A few (especially Edison) may still remember me from when I got involved with Drocket's AOH project in 2005/2006, and then another UO project.

I am very intrigued to log back in again, but the problem for me is, I don't think my account still exists. If it doesn't, is there anyway to create a new account for me?

Sei Ryu
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Sei Ryu » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Mine still existed, yours probably will too, even with the same password, if you remember it :D
Gradilla Dragon
-=={UDIC}==-
Chars: Sighard Kharada, Taliaali Kharada, Walja Kharada, Zebey Kharada, Sarinder Kharada, Maedhros Kharada

Malacin
Notable
Notable

Post by Malacin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:22 pm

I am hoping to rejoin and have some fun with everyone. My name was Malacin, but I have no idea which email i used. I have been guessing at my Account name but I have not hit on it yet.

Caramon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Caramon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey Mal! Good to see you again. Hope you can get the account info back. I think they can look it up from the character name as well as the account or email.

BTW, I was digging through some old CD's the other day, and found the files for First Sundering from 2001 :) I actually brought it up, and logged into the Guild House. I may bring it back up for nostalgia's sake, and see what is still around.

Apparently I was making jewelry when this save was taken, as there were about 1000 pieces of jewelry in the top level of my pack LOL. It was amazing to see my old character with a total skill ponit value about 3000 :) Those were the days I was intent on raising every available skill to 100.

Say hey to Cloud for me :)

Herakles
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Herakles » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Greetings!!!
I'm so pleased that WoD is back. Soon I will load everything in and join you all. That's if you all want me back. :-)
I so miss this world!!

Herakles

Herakles
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Herakles » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm

rocko wrote:I don't think anyone remembers me as I played in 2002 for not long before my school work pulled me from games. A few (especially Edison) may still remember me from when I got involved with Drocket's AOH project in 2005/2006, and then another UO project.

I am very intrigued to log back in again, but the problem for me is, I don't think my account still exists. If it doesn't, is there anyway to create a new account for me?
I remember your name.....

rocko
Prominent
Prominent

Post by rocko » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Herakles wrote: I remember your name.....
I feel really honored. :) Welcome back.